Renewals & Requests
Renew your Library Materials
Students can renew most items 9 times - see Loan Periods, Limits and Fines for details.
To renew items online:
- Log in to your Library Account
- Look under Checkouts
- Select the items you want to renew and then click the Renew Marked button
- Click Yes to confirm
You may not renew items if:
- Another student or employee has requested the item
- You have already renewed the item 9 times
- Your account has expired or is about to expire
- Your account has been blocked (contact the Service Desk for details)
Other ways to renew items:
- Call the Service Desk
- Bring the items to the Service Desk
Students can request most items that are currently checked out or located at a different campus. Place a request in the library catalogue by clicking Request It next to the item (except for course reserve and reference material).
It will be available for pick-up at your choice of campus (including Annacis Island) within 1 working day (if the item was available on the shelf when you placed the request).
VCC students and employees have priority on requested materials.
The maximum number of requests allowed per person at one time is:
- For VCC students: 20
- For VCC employees: Unlimited
- For Alumni/Community Borrowers: 5