Request Materials from Other Libraries (ILL)
Students and employees of VCC can request books, journal articles, and DVDs owned by other libraries by using our free Interlibrary Loans (ILL) service.
Before proceeding, please note:
- Your request will be emailed to an ILL technician, and is usually processed within a few working days.
- Books & DVDs usually arrive in less than 10 days unless they are coming from out-of-province, in which case they can take 2-3 weeks.
- Journal articles usually take 1-3 working days and will be provided electronically.
- Tip: Did you know many articles are available through Google Scholar? Go to https://scholar.google.com and paste the title of the article in the search box. If you see a link to an HTML or PDF document, click on it, and the article should appear.
- All requests may take longer during peak periods.
- If you are on a tight deadline it may be faster to borrow items from other BC post-secondary libraries in person as a reciprocal borrower.
- If you have any questions, please contact our ILL department at email@example.com
- You may renew an ILL book through My Library Account