Booking Seat & Space
Complete the BC Self-Assessment Tool the day of your booking and follow the guidelines provided.
Do not enter the space if...
- You have COVID-19 symptoms or have experienced COVID-19 like symptoms in the past 14 days.
- You have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or COVID-19 like symptoms within the past 14 days.
- You have travelled outside of Canada or arrived from outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
Non-medical masks are required to be worn in the library. If you have forgotten yours, we can provide you with one and are available at the Service Desk. Masks may be removed briefly and intermittently to drink.
Masks and distancing are required in the VCC Libraries for your safety and the safety of others. At the first instance of non-compliance with these requirements, you will receive a gentle reminder. If further instances of non-compliance occur, you will be asked for follow-up contact information, and you may be asked to leave the building. Repeated instances of safety guidelines violations may result in losing future booking privileges.
This is what is in the confirmation email when booking is complete:
What to do when you get to the library
- Only one person can enter the library at a time; no pairs or groups. Please wait your turn.
- When you enter the library, please stand at the marker and wait for staff to approach the window.
- Tell us that you have a booked a study space, and your name and ID number.
- Place your ID or registration paper face up on the table/counter.
- Library staff will approach and verify the ID.
- Library staff will check you in and direct you to your seat.
Enjoy your time using the space, and please adhere to the guidelines while inside:
- Physical distancing of 2 metres apart.
- Wearing a mask unless sipping a beverage at your booked space.
- Browsing the collection is fine (BWY main floor only), but please physical distance from other patrons while browsing.
- Ask questions of staff at the Service Desk, but we may not be able to troubleshoot computer problems.
- You may borrow items by bringing them up to the Service Desk with your ID.
What to do when you leave the library
- Clean your space with the cleaning supplies provided.
- Inform Library staff you are leaving. They will check you out of your booked space.”